As people of an historic and ever-renewing congregation of the United Church of Christ, we seek to know and to share the transforming power of God: Creator, Christ and Holy Spirit,
- through following the teachings of Jesus Christ, the source of our salvation and the head of the Church;
- through regularly gathering together for vital, Biblically-based worship of our God;
- through shared life and learning as a community of faith;
- through personal spiritual practice;
- through faithful stewardship of our resources: financial, property, and human;
- through Spirit-led, collaborative decision-making;
- through love and service to those in need, physically and spiritually;
- through love and respect for one another;
- through the full discernment and expression of our God-given individual abilities;
- through embracing, honoring, encouraging, and learning from the diversity among us;
- through active engagement with our city and all its people; and
- through accepting God’s challenge to look beyond our assumptions, to face boldly our questions and doubts, and to reach outside of our every-day comforts.
With God’s help, we strive in faith to be a wellspring of hope for diverse people in our neighborhood, the city, the region and throughout the world.
Mission & Vision Statement, adopted by the congregation of Old First Reformed United Church of Christ, April 4, 2008
Old First’s Financial Budget
Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. — Matthew 6:21
These pie charts depict how Old First invests its financial resources. We have other resources, of course, in the time and talents of our congregation. The investment of those resources are not depicted here, but the results can be seen in the work and life of our church.