POWER and its allies are preparing for a “100 Days of Faithful Resistance” starting with a training in Non-Violent Direct Action on January 15th and the MLK-DARE (Day of Action, Resistance, and Empowerment) Coalition March on Monday, January 16th.
We are working with groups across the region to gather people of good will to strengthen our resolve, and our organizing skills, so that we can continue to powerfully stand up for justice and for the most vulnerable and marginalized in the months ahead.
If you haven’t already, please sign up today for these events on MLK Day Weekend that will kick off the “100 Days of Faithful Resistance”:
- Sunday, January 15th, 6pm-8pm: Non-Violent Direct Action Training at Second Baptist Church of Germantown. Click here to RSVP.
- Monday, January 16th, 10am-2pm: MLK-DARE (Day of Action, Resistance, and Empowerment) Coalition March. Click here to RSVP and for more details.
- Want to Volunteer for the March? We need folks willing to help with set up, clean up, etc. Click here if you can help with logistics during the march.
Mark your calendars! The tentative training schedule for the “100 Days of Faithful Resistance” will also include the following:
- Becoming Sanctuary Congregations & Communities/Resisting Deportation & Incarceration, Monday, Feburary 6th, 6-8pm
- Understanding Power and the New Political Landscape in Pennsylvania and Beyond, post-Election, Tuesday, February 28th, 6pm-8pm
- Using Social Media for the Movement, Wednesday, March 15th, 6pm-8pm
- Black Work Matters/Fighting Racialized Poverty in Philadelphia, Thursday, April 6th, 6-8pm
- Grassroots Fundraising for the Movement, Monday, April 24th, 6pm
Check www.powerinterfaith.org for updates and more information.
Thank you for your commitment to standing up for justice and with the marginalized. We look forward to you joining us in 100 Days of Faithful Resistance!