Alternative giving is a form of gift giving in which the giver makes a donation to a charitable organization on the gift recipient’s behalf, rather than giving them an item. Each year Old First provides an Alternative Gift option for those who may be searching for a special way to acknowledge someone in their life. This year our Alternative Gift option will support the Men’s Shelter and Clothing Cupboard.
We will be filling 100 backpacks with socks, toboggans, hand warmers, a bottle of water, snack bar, lotion, body wash or soap, tooth paste, and a toothbrush. If you would like to donate physical items for this alternative gift, you can bring a new or gently used backpack or any of the mentioned items. I will fill the back packs for distribution on Dec 24th at the Shelter and Dec 29th at the Cupboard.
If you prefer to make a financial donation, please make checks payable to Old First Alternative Gift.
- $5 purchases a backpack OR toothbrush and toothpaste
- $10 purchases a backpack with socks, toothbrush, toothpaste or a case of water
- $15 purchases 3 backpacks OR a set of all toiletries and goodies
- $20 purchases one backpack with all included goodies OR a case of soap OR a case of toothpaste
- $30 purchases 6 backpacks OR several cases of water, socks, and toiletries
- Other amounts will go even further!
I will set up a table after church Dec 1, Dec 8, Dec 15, and Dec 22 for those who would like to purchase a gift for their loved ones. I will also have cards to designate this gift to your loved one.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.