January 29, 2012
Whereas, Bob Schneider is retiring from his post as Moderator of the Board of Elders of Old First Reformed United Church of Christ, the Board of Elders wishes to acknowledge his faithful service, including (but not limited to):
- Serving on the capital campaign in the 1990s that led to the renovations of the social hall, kitchen and other facilities;
- Penning a historical essay on the history of Old First in advance of the 275th anniversary;
- Serving multiple terms as member and president of the Official Board;
- Chairing the most recent pastoral search committee;
- Leading the development of Old First’s Mission & Vision Statement;
- Leading the development of Old First’s new governance structure;
- Serving as moderator of the Board of Elders for three years; and
- Providing wisdom, vision and advice in countless meetings, lunches, focus groups, adult forums, prepared remarks, articles and one-on-one conversations, always with good humor and dry wit.
Bob’s faith in God is evident in his deep commitment to the community of Old First. We are grateful to him for his service, and wish him well as he steps down from active leadership. We know, however, that we will continue to benefit from his wisdom and advice for years to come.
The Board of Elders of Old First Reformed United Church of Christ, on behalf of the entire, grateful congregation