Happy holidays Old Firsters!
So wow we are really nearing the end of 2020! Although these past 9 months have been quite a difficult time for many, there is still a lot to be thankful for. For example, this community, who has been a source of support and spirit, but most importantly our health. I am still amazed at the generosity of others to help the homeless, despite personally struggling themselves. It has been touching to see.
And as per usual I have announcements:
- The cupboard will be open this Saturday the 26th and it will continue to be outside.
- The shelter will be open all day on Christmas Day and New Years Day.
- We have received many Christmas/New Years donations for the shelter guests!
- I am looking to fill slots for Saturday Breakfast for 1/9, 1/23 and 1/30
- Also, I’m still on the hunt for folks/groups who are interested in helping with shelter meals. FYI, if people are interested in ordering food and having it delivered it to Old First that also works! I like to have 2-3 meals per week and there are a lot of open slots!
Have a happy holidays everyone and as always, stay safe!
Jess, Outreach Coordinator