We will meet in the Social Hall to watch the video, The Gift of Faith, featuring theologian James Alison. Here are a few highlights that I have gleaned from his presentation:
- Faith is not something we have to get; God provides it. All we have to do is relax enough to receive it.
- From God’s perspective, the fact that we’re not particularly good doesn’t matter.
- If we accept that we’re not good, we will honestly share the truth about ourselves.
- Doubts often help us to rediscover ourselves.
- When we love others, we will automatically do good deeds.
Come to the program at 10 am Sunday morning to hear Alison explain these and other ideas, and discuss them among ourselves.
Barry Evans, Facilitator