Join us as we mark Christ’s final days of mortal life, from his triumphal return to Jerusalem, through the dark days of Maundy Thursday and Good Friday, and on to the joy of an empty tomb and resurrection on Easter morning.
Maundy Thursday, April 2, 7 pm, in the Sanctuary. Join us as we experiment a little with our Last Supper service… The sermon will be “Understanding the Chaos of Holy Week.”
Good Friday, Apr. 3
- Noon to 3 pm, Vigil (you may come and go as your schedule allows — those in the Sanctuary watch and wait as they take turns reading the Gospel’s Passion narratives and sharing their prayers for the day.)
- 7 pm, Seven Last Words, members of our community offer their reflections and musical offerings that focus on Jesus’ words spoken from the cross.
Easter, April 5
- 9 am, Sunrise Service at the Race Street Pier (meet in the church courtyard at 8:45 am or join us on the steps at the end of the pier)
- 9:45 am, Easter Potluck Breakfast (bring a dish share, but join us even if you can’t bring something)
- 11 am, Festival Worship with communion and brass. The sermon will be “A Completely Different Way of Living.”
- Following worship, Easter egg hunt and blessing of the cascarones (exploding eggs)