Hello Old Firsters,
Hope everyone’s January is going well so far. I know I still haven’t been able to meet many of you in person yet, but I am doing well. Not much has happened on my end at the office, but as always I have announcements for you :
- Saturdays have been going great despite not being to provide clothes. However, we are still collecting clothes and you can always drop off during the week anytime from 10-4 pm.
- We’re always in need of toiletries for the cupboard as they tend to run out fairly quickly. Check out our amazon wish list where items are ranked from highest to lowest priority
- Everything has also been going smoothly at the shelter, but I am always on the hunt for people/groups who would like to make meals for our guests. You could even order takeout and have it delivered to the church! But if your interested in making meals here is the link to sign up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0c4ca4ab2eaafa7-shelter2
Other News…. The Covid-19 Vaccine: When are you eligible to receive it?
- The time has come and there is finally a vaccine to help protect us from this virus. But the bigger question is when it will be your turn to get it.
- Well over the next several months, all Philadelphians will begin to have access to vaccination based on a phased schedule of priority populations. The schedule was determined by the City’s COVID-19 Vaccine Advisory Committee (VAC), and has been informed by continuing discussions of the City’s Coronavirus Interim Racial Equity Plan.
- Here is the link where you can determine which group you belong to : https://www.phila.gov/programs/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/vaccines/covid-19-vaccine-documents/
Have a great rest of the week and as always stay safe!
Jess s. – Outreach Coordinator