Please join us of Sat., June 3 as we work together to spruce up our buildings and grounds. Can you give us just 3 hours? Working together, we’ll accomplish great things.
We are asking for you to sign up for one of the 3 hours shifts for some assistance in making our church building and grounds reflect of how much we are cared for and how much we care. Members and friends are needed to help with several tasks around the buildings and grounds of Old First. The options for sign up are from 10 am to 1 pm or from noon to 3 pm, although if you could give the whole 5 hours, that would be great too.
Lunch will be served. In order to lay out our plan of action, you are asked to sign up Here or contact Beth W., Janice S., Yajeh or Holly. You can also sign up on a sign up board that will be in the Narthex Sundays through May. Bring your friends.
There are a variety of tasks we hope to accomplish. They include:
- Replacing the incandescent light bulbs in the Narthex & under the balconies with LED light bulbs
- Sorting clothes in the clothing cupboard
- Working in the attic of the sanctuary
- Painting the enclosure for the air conditioner by the Fox Building
- Sorting and storing music in the Music Library
- Straightening the closet in back of the Chancel
- Yard work of all sorts
Please indicate your preferred assignment, if you have one, when you sign up. And, please consider bringing a ladder for changing out the light bulbs, gardeners will need to bring their own gloves and painters are asked to bring a paint brush.
Thank you to everyone who can help us bring light and order to our buildings and grounds.