October 27, 2023
Dear Old First,
I hope this note finds you all well, and the Phillies fans have been able to get a good night’s sleep!
I write to express my sincere gratitude for your support in 2023. Without your time, talent and treasures, Old First would not be able to do all of the things that make us who we are and what God calls on us to do.
As we inch closer to the new year, please read the letter below from our Financial Secretary, Grant, to check where you are in your annual giving. And look forward to hearing more from me, as we are now entering “Stewardship season” when we make our pledges for the next year. We are so deeply appreciative of your support.
* * * * * * *
Dear Friends who support Old First,
Often the Financial Secretary sends out a third quarter giving statement to let us know where we are in annual pledges and to encourage us to meet (or exceed) our commitments before the end of the year.
But in an effort to be greener and more efficient, the Admin SLG and I are trying to move away from sending out so many paper statements. Instead, we are hoping to get more people to look up their giving online, through the church’s member database: Breeze.
This is something new for many of you. We know that folks are not very familiar with Breeze – or have maybe never used it at all. Below are the steps to log in and find your giving information in the Breeze.
1. Devan, in the church office, can also help you if things are still a bit too confusing. Or you can email me (Grant Frame / firstname.lastname@example.org), so I can provide you with your statement, either via email or in paper form.
2. Go to Breeze and log in. Breeze can be accessed from the church’s website: https://oldfirstucc.org/ . Scroll to the very bottom, look on the bottom right side, and click Log In under Member Info. (Once you have the Breeze login screen open, you might want to bookmark the webpage for easier access in the future).
3. Log in with your username and password. If you have never logged in to Breeze before and don’t have an account, please call or email the church office. Devan can help get you started.
4. Once logged in to Breeze, click the My Profile button on the top blue bar of options. You will see a page come up that includes your contact info and address. On the left side of that page will be a few other options, including Giving.
5. Click on the Giving button on the left side to see that page open up. Then you can click the date range for your giving you want to view . With the chosen date range, you can also choose to print a statement, or download an excel document of your giving history.
If you click on the small grey box under your address marked Pledges, you will find the amounts you have pledged over the last few years and how much remains on your current pledge.
I echo Beth’s gratitude for this congregation’s generosity; it is both amazing and reassuring. And as I said above, if you wish, just let me know, and I will get you your stewardship statement.