Advent & Christmas Events at Old First
Live animals at the crèche–Dec. 17 – 27, 24 hours a day. Stop by any time.
Children’s Christmas Pageant–Dec. 18, 11 am–The children of Old First’s Sunday School will tell the Christmas story through word and song. Hear the familiar story again in a new way.
Photos at the Crèche Day–Sun., Dec. 18, 12:30-2 pm–Get your photo taken with one of the animals. More information here. Use this Creche half page flyer to invite your friends and neighbors!
- Petting Creche – Monday, Dec. 19 at 7 pm – Come into the creche and pet the sheep, goats, donkey and cow.
- S’Mores Night – Wednesday the 21st at 7 pm – Enjoy S’mores around the firepit and create a new family tradition.
- Caroling Night — Thursday, the 22nd at 7 pm – Join us in singing your favorite Christmas carols, enjoy the true spirit of Christmas.
Christmas Eve–Sat., Dec. 24
- 5 pm–Outdoor Live Nativity Service
- 8 pm–Candlelight Service (Indoors)
Christmas Day– Sun. Dec. 25 — 11 am Worship Service, repeated at 4 pm (and if you’d like to join an ad hoc group to prepare a Christmas dinner for the shelter (and then share it with them, please let the church office know!)
- New Year’s Eve–Saturday, Dec. 31, 7 pm–Watchnight Service
Street parking is permitted as well as parking in the Arch Street Meetinghouse (4th & Arch, enter from 4th St). Be sure to display the Old First parking placard. See our Directions & Parking page for more information.
A ready to print version of our Creche flyer is available. You can hang it on your fridge or bulletin board. And maybe you’d like to print one out and give it to your neighbors or friends.