Hello Old Firsters,
Hoping everyone has been having a good February thus far!
- This was our third week of providing clothes and again it was a success! Pants/jeans + shoes/sneakers were provided and as long as there is room in the shed I am still accepting donations for all seasons! If you are interested in dropping off clothes contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate a drop off day/time.
- Planning ahead… I am looking to fill the Saturday Cupboard Breakfast Team slot for 03/27/2021. If your interested in making breakfast for our Saturday guests, you can reserve your spot here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0e48aaae2fa31-saturday
- I’m always looking for groups/people who are interested in preparing or buying dinners for our shelter guests. Here is the link to sign up! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0c4ca4ab2eaafa7-shelter2
- The Outreach t-shirt design is underway and will be presented at the upcoming Outreach meeting on the 15th. All are welcome to attend!
- The time has finally come to start advertising for Old First’s Online Virtual Service Camps! Churches and youth groups who are in Breeze were notified about this virtual experience on Wednesday, Feb. 10. I am reserving slots!
Important Information and Events!
- For those who have not registered to get the Covid-19 Vaccine, here is the link to the interest form: https://covid-vaccine-interest.phila.gov/?mc_cid=59dfc08280&mc_eid=5299df9c89
- February is Black History Month and in honor of that the Mayor’s Office of Black Male Engagement is returning again for the Second Annual Black Generational Wealth (Virtual) Series 2021. During these three powerful workshops, you will hear from professionals and living examples on the pursuit and maintenance of Black Generational Wealth. While The Black Generational Wealth Series is targeted toward Black men, all residents are welcome to attend. All three events are free, and registration is available through the link below!
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, I am available by phone or email!
Have a good rest of the week!
Jess Selingo, Outreach Coordinator